un women and liberty bank
Tbilisi, December 5, 2019 – Liberty joins UN Women Global Initiative on Women's Empowerment Principles.
As part of the partnership, Liberty will fully share the vision and principles of UN Women in support of the economic empowerment of women employed by the Bank, including:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Liberty management believes that equality is an essential component of a healthy work environment, and its continuous improvement is one of Liberty's top priorities. Cooperation with UN Women will significantly contribute to the implementation of these priorities.
UN Women has a global mandate to promote women's empowerment and gender equality and, by partnering with UN Women, businesses and philanthropies receive global recognition for their transformative efforts to reach parity and ensure that no women or girls are left behind.